Sunday, June 19, 2011

My new life

I am now watching my older sisters 2 kids during the week days and am having a great time. This is by far the best job I could ever have! It's a little challenging keeping a 14, 9, and 3 year old entertained while attending to the needs of a 2 month old, but it is a fun challenge! Avery loves having her cousins around, and we get out to swim and do other fun things as often as we can.

I have such a sense of peace about quitting my job. It really was a hard decision, not only were we giving up a huge amount of our income, but I have never known adult life without being gainfully employed. I feel so fulfilled now staying home, cleaning, taking care of kids...it's peaceful, there is no other way for me to describe it. I know its temporary, so that probably makes it even more precious to me. I'm going to enjoy everyday that I have at home with my kids!

Here are a few pics from the last few weeks.

Avery got her first hair cut!



Sweet sleeping baby



Jake started smiling right at 6 weeks old



This is my current favorite photo!



Growing like crazy!



A few of my closest friends are having babies at the end of this year, so I am very excited for them and can't wait for Jake to have some very close friends to play with soon!

No comments: